Earlier this summer Qhairo dropped his sublime debut track ‘Blue Petals’ which had us instantly hooked on his sound. On 60FOOTNOIR the London-based artist furthers his craft with a poised, tender array of tracks that take us with him on a raw, honest and personal exploration. Opening track ‘God’ sees resplendent gospel-inflected R&B interspersed with booming hip-hop basslines. This fully sets the tone for the rest of the release, as Qhairo’s striking, sultry blend of textured rhythms, glowing melodies, and smooth, emotive vocals is seamless. 60FOOTNOIR is one of those releases you just want to play over and over, and we certainly can’t get enough.
Delve into Qhairo’s In Photos below.
1. First things first I put my jumpsuit on…always.
2. I tie my hair up because allow paint in my hair.
3. Then I organise my paint station, make sure it’s neat for maximum 5 mins.
4. My tip for mixing paint is foil over a tray…. Way easier, larger surface area and less mess and reusable.
5. Paying homage to my old painting tray.
6. I don’t always lie down when painting.
7. A skank and rave to the bashment that’s on. Break time.
8. Paint stays on my skin for days.
9. Resuming after my skanking getting into it.
10. My room is my art studio, that’s it for the day.